Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Follow Up on Basketball and a Little Bit About My Good Day At Work

I didn't end up playing. Not because I didn't want to play, but rather the team had picked up a few extra players to replace me. Therefore, while I have a spot on the roster, there's kind of too many players showing up for the games. In short, they don't need me, and my presence would just serve to thin out everyone's minutes.

Like I said, it was my decision, and I'll have to live with it. It will probably end up saving me a lot of stress in the long run. I won't have to worry about getting all pissed off at myself after missing a few jumpshots.


On another note...

Have you ever had one of those days where you just knew that you did a really good job? I mean, I'm sure that most people feel like they do a good job at work, but we all have those days where we just really feel more on our game than usual. That's how I felt today. For every problem, I had the best solution. I was quick and efficient. I helped a number of customers. I even had the best one liners when joking around with my coworkers. It just felt like everyhing went right all day long.

Of course... That means my next day at work will probably be pretty shitty to balance out this one. However, I have a day to relish the feeling of this good day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's one of the best feelings in the world..kind of being in a zen-like flow. Maybe that's what life is all about.

Anonymous said...

After your comments last night, I was hoping the day would turn around for you.

Jaded Pharmacist said...

Those times are always great. I recently had a 5-week rotation at a family physician clinic that was like that; by the end of the 2nd week, I felt I had a good rhythm with the staff, I knew my role and responsibilities, and I didn't go home feeling frustrated or down at all.

Then the Saturday after I finished, I worked that night and just had patient after patient who either didn't want to talk to me (I want the pharmacist!), or had insurance problems (which is *always* that pharmacy's fault...), and went home feeling like crap. Here's to hoping your 5-star day isn't followed by a crap-tastic one...