I haven't written in almost a week. Quite frankly, I'm running out of things to write about. I guess I just don't have as many crazy stories as other pharmacists, or more likely, I just don't get all worked up about asshole customers as much as other pharmacists. I guess I expect people to be jackasses 99% of the time. In fact, the stuff I remember are the rare times a customer is actually patient and understanding.
Anyways, in an effort to keep this blog going, here are some random facts about me. I'm going to number them, and I'll stop when I feel like it.
1. I like going to the bar and having a few drinks with friends. However, when I get home, I always regret doing so. For one, it takes a lot of alcohol to get me drunk, but only a little bit to induce a hangover. Secondly, I'm ashamed of myself that I require alcohol to have a good time with friends.
2. Speaking of drinks... I would rather drink a margarita or some girly mixed drink than beer any day of the week. Of course, when out with the guys the least manly drink I'll order is a Jack and Coke. Damn myself for worrying about appearance so much.
3. In high school, I memorized Pi out to 75 places, and I still remember it (3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628). This is what I did instead of paying attention in my geometry class.
4. While on the subject of school, I think I only missed one pharmacy class my entire time in pharmacy school. I made it a point to go to every single class.... and sleep through them. My classmates knew me as the kid that slept through every class. Well, at least every class I could. Obviously, you can't sleep through those active participation classes or small discussions. I still managed to get straight A's in school because, as evidenced from my Pi memorization, I can remember a whole lot when I need to. I'd just read the notes 1 time the night before an exam, and I'd be good to go.
5. I love pizza. I can eat a whole medium pizza all by myself. I like think crust pizza, not thick crust. I'm not sure what my favorite pizza is. It depends on my mood. White pizza with broccolli, plain chesse, or pepperoni are my main stays. However, I like a good tomato and basil pizza too. I haven't had really good pizza in a long time. I miss it.
6. I chose to become a pharmacist because I thought it would be an easy way to make decent money. I had no idea what a pharmacist actually did when I decided on my current career. I just thought they counted pills all day and got paid well to do it. Sounded good to me. No one in my family is a pharmacist. I never knew a pharmacist. I rarely took medication. It was kind of a random decision. I could have done well in just about any field. I just picked one.
7. I come off as very very serious, and I am a serious person. However, there's a really silly side of me that nobody ever sees. I make up stories and give personalities to inanimate objects. I also do incredible impressions of Justin Timberlake's voice. He has a TERRIBLE singing voice. He can't really sing high notes. He fakes them by singing them in a whine. Sure, he may be a good looking guy, but don't people hear how awful he sounds??? I miss the days when R&B singers had good voices. Remember how incredible Boyz II Men sounded singing accapella? Those guys could really sing. Timberlake should take notes.
8. I like to read, but I haven't read a book (and finished it) in about 4 years. I have no explanation for this.
9. My favorite television show is Scrubs. Dr. Cox is one of the best characters in the history of television.
10. I'm a pharmacist, but I'm pretty sure that I'll never take any prescription medication for the rest of my life. I don't feel the need to. Some people need to take medication. I don't. I'm not worried about high cholesterol or blood pressure. I don't care if I live to be 100. I just hope that if I do have a heart attack or stroke, it will kill me in one shot, so I don't have to live with any of the after effects.
11. 11 is my favorite number.